Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Guilty Pleasure

By now you are probably catching onto the fact that Foodies in KC is not just an update on our lives, but also on food. As most of you know, Mike and I love to cook but once in awhile we take a break and enjoy what others are cooking. We don't eat out often, and when we do, we try to visit local establishments and enjoy "slow food". Once in awhile, though, we enjoy a guilty pleasure! I was excited to see that Pei Wei had arrived in Kansas City! Pei Wei is PF Chang's 'casual bistro' concept which started in Phoenix. Ours is located in Overland Park, so it isn't exactly close to home but I was out that way last night and picked up some delicious honey seared shrimp to go!

It was as good as I remember, but the book Mike and I are both currently reading, 'The Omnivore's Dilemma', has me wondering if it was really the best choice! The book attempts to answer the question of "what's for dinner" and is an interesting (and somewhat disturbing) study of the food chain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home