Saturday, June 07, 2008

jazzoo

Some friends invited us to join them at Jazzoo, a fantastic fundraiser to support the special diets of over 800 animals at the Kansas City zoo . It was our first time at the event, and, our first time at the KC zoo! I can't think of a better way to spend an evening than sampling food from over 80 local restaurants in a beautiful setting! The 'creative black tie' attire made for interesting people watching as well!

I don't remember eating anything that wasn't delicious but a few samplings stood out. Several of us agreed that "best in show" went to the sea salt ice cream with black pepper brittle served by Trezo Mare (their wagu beef tartare was delicious, too)! I'm not a big fan of Ruth's Chris Steak House, however, their steak sandwich was amazing and while I can't remember which restaurant served them, I'm craving another goat cheese stuffed roasted red bell pepper with balsamic reduction. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home