Sunday, April 29, 2007

this weekend brought to you by the letter 'b'

birthday, brunch, bartle, breaking news...

another busy weekend, starting with a birthday dinner for a friend on friday night. saturday morning we ran, then heidi attended the greater kansas city area panhellenic (inter-sorority) brunch (she's currently president of the greater kansas city alumnae chapter of kappa alpha theta). saturday night we attended the bartle hall grand ballroom (a project mike worked on) gala event featuring a performance by nancy wilson.

this morning we spectated the trolley run, the country's largest (because it is mostly downhill), 4 mile run.

many of you may have seen kansas city on national news this afternoon after a series of crimes and shootings ended at the ward parkway mall, a few miles away from us. later, we found out that our elderly neighbor was at the mall and broke his shoulder after he fell while running away from the gunman. thankfully he's home and doing well.

1 Comments:

Blogger MargoPoz said...

Hi Heidi:
Check Aaron Barnhart's blog about the media's coverage of the mall shooting. Interesting take on how local tv stations got the story.
http://blogs.kansascity.com/tvbarn/2007/04/shooting_in_kan.html#more
That used to be our local mall, and it's a bit scary to think of it
hitting close to home.
On to better thoughts....
Those food pics look yummy. Tell your husband I'm part of the Theta Mafia. I saw Rachel at the Plaza on Saturday and she told me about your entertaining enterprise. I'm attaching a link for a cool kids culinary center in Austin. (Austin is a food market and cooking school utopia.)
http://www.batterupkids.com/
I want my sister, Becky, to take me and the kiddos there the next time we visit her. My mother and I pester her everytime we are in Texas that she must take us 30 minutes into downtown Austin to HEB's Central Market. It is a food lover's paradise. Fruits and vegetables I've never heard of, let alone cannot pronounce. I think Whole Foods is based in Austin, too.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home